10th - 16th of October is National Chocolate Week and is a particular favourite week over here at SMART Business Supplies.
Dark, milk and white what’s your favourite? We have found some fun facts about chocolate and after a long office debate we have put together a list of our top 10 chocolate bars, do you agree with our list?
Our Top 10 Chocolate Bars :
1. Double Decker
2. Kit Kat Chunky
5. Cadburys fruit and nut
7. Galaxy Ripple
10. Mars Bar
• For a limited time only, Lay's in America sold crisps dipped in a layer of milk chocolate. The Calgary Herald said the crisps had a "salty-sweet combination, along with the texture contrast of warm melted chocolate and a crunchy chip."
• In 1930 Ruth Wakefield realised she was out of baker's chocolate and mixed broken piece of Nestle chocolate into her cookie dough, expecting the chocolate to be absorbed and create chocolate cookies. Instead, she accidentally created chocolate chip cookies, and later sold the idea to Nestle in return for a lifetime supply of chocolate.
• According to the International Cocoa Organization, Europeans account for almost half the world's chocolate consumption. They estimate the average Brit, Swiss, or German eat 11kg of chocolate a year.
• The smell of chocolate increases theta brain waves, which trigger relaxation.
• Ancients believed chocolate was the food of the gods. Aztec and Mayan kings drank cups of warm chocolate on a regular basis, and the magical cacao bean, so valued in pre-Columbian America, was used as a form of currency. Rather than walk around with coins in their pockets, or loincloths, or whatever, folks would swap cacao beans for goods and services